The Lenovo ThinkPad T495 purchase is the best decision I have made because it is an outstanding laptop. Although it has been almost three years with six months left of warranty, I would say that this is the best notebook I have ever had.
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 For Software Developers Like Me
I am a developer. I work on Java projects. These include web applications and web services. I also do front-end development using Angular and use Docker containers for microservices. I am building things in my free time!
About the Lenovo ThinkPad T495 Purchase
Today I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad T495 online. I kept looking at this product for several weeks but could not make up my mind. I wanted an AMD Rayzen 7 Pro 3700U but could only get a maximum of 8GB onboard memory plus a 16GB selectable memory. That is just only 24GB of RAM, all in all. It may be enough, but I wanted a future-proof and durable laptop that could last and remain usable for a decade. I had a Dell Vostro 2200
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 With AMD Rayzen 5 Pro 3500U Purchase
I chose AMD Rayzen 5 Pro 3500U because the maximum onboard memory I could have is 16GB. I also decided on a 16GB selectable memory with 32 GB of RAM.
Other Configuration Details
Here is the other configuration of my T495. The details could serve as a guide for other people planning to purchase Lenovo T-series laptops.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Although this is my laptop, I chose this because I will use it for product development.
- Hard Drive: 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2280, NVMe, Opal
- I think this is good enough. The company laptop I have, T460, only has 237 GB. I still manage to work on 3 Java projects simultaneously and still have 50GB of free space.
- Display: 14.0″ FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, Anti-Glare, 250nits
- The laptop screen display is good enough for me. I don’t do games, and I try to avoid them.
- Microsoft Productivity Software: Microsoft Office 365 Personal
- It is cheaper to have it bundled with the machine than purchased separately.
- Graphics Card: Integrated Graphics
- I am not doing games!
- Security Software: McAfee Internet Security-15 Month
- I prefer ESET because my wife also uses ESET on her machine. But this is fine for me for now.
Warranty and Protection
I think this is very important, and I believe Lenovo would ensure a better quality of the laptop when you availed for warranty and protection. Otherwise, defective laptops would cost them more when you have this protection.
- 3Y Accident Damage Protection Add On
- 3Y Depot/CCI upgrade from 1Y Depot/CCI